Please take notice of all fishery signs
- Fishermen must stay on first chosen pool and cannot move to another pool on the same day. If this is disobeyed they will be banned from the fishery
- Baits allowed - bread (not floating) · Sweetcorn · Maggots · Caster · Worm · Luncheon meat · Carp pellets (Normal or flavoured) · Hemp · Small feeder pellets
- Baits not allowed - NO GROUND BAITS · NO BOILIES · NO CAT OR DOG MEAT · NO FLOATING BAITS ● NO TROUT PELLETS
- NO OTHER BAITS ALLOWED - only those listed - NO MEANS NO
- All nets must be dipped and rinsed in the tubs provided before going to peg with equipment · NO KEEP NETS ● All fish must be lifted from water with landing net – one landing net per peg ● Mats must be used for large fish or fish placed on soft ground ● No fish to be handled more than 2 feet from ground at any time ● Fish MUST be placed back in the water– If this is not adhered to PROSECUTION will take place without exception
- Correct fishing equipment must be used at all times
- Fishermen must keep to designated paths along hedgerows and respect growing crops
- NO ASSEMBLED TACKLE to be carried around the fishery
- NYLON LINE ONLY · NO BRAIDED LINE · A maximum of two rods per person
- The bailiff has the right at any time to search any bags or equipment if need be without explanation
- BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY- MAXIMUM HOOK SIZE 14 ● NO MINI OR MICRO BARBED HOOKS (Hooks will be checked) NO EXCUSES. A £10 fine is payable if found fishing with a barbed hook. If fine is not paid a ban will take place. A flattened barb is a barbed hook.
- NO CANS ALLOWED - All baits to be prepared BEFORE entering the fishery ¨ Waste baits to be put in buckets provided not in pools.
- Disabled persons take priority on pegs ¨ Fishing only from pegs
- No dogs unless with written permission ¨ No alcoholic or canned drinks
- NO LITTER OR DISCARDED LINE TO BE LEFT. ALL LITTER TO BE TAKEN HOME. Litter left on or by the peg will be said to be yours and will result in a ban from the fishery. If litter is left on or by the peg when starting to fish is should be reported to the bailiff
- Bread, etc MUST NOT be thrown on pools or banks when leaving. (Food attracts rats, which can transmit DISEASE to humans when touching water)
- NO FIRES, BBQ’S OR PICNICS ● Fishing only to take place in a quiet manner – no radios. Offensive language, directly or indirectly anywhere on the fishery land will result in a ban
- Because of disturbance to other anglers children under the age of 12 are only allowed on this fishery if paying to fish as near as possible to a paying parent or guardian.
- REMINDER – You need a rod licence to fish – you may be asked to produce it - for more information see www.postoffice.co.uk/rod-fishing-licence
- Restriction of one rod only if accompanied by any non fishing person
- Exemptions from any rule have to be obtained in writing from the owner
- Vandals will be prosecuted
- No matches take place on this fishery
The bailiff has the right to order any person off the fishery without explanation at any time. There will be no refunds given (Revised rules 16TH April 2016). BAILIFF means owner or such person put in charge of pools for the day. Please note anglers have been banned from the fishery – for throwing down litter, for ignoring the radio ban, for using barbed hooks and unspecified baits and for ignoring signs.
Juniors & Teenagers
No person under the age of 12 to fish without adult supervision
Pool 5 – Juniors or teenagers only allowed to fish this water when accompanied by an adult of 21 years or over on a one to one basis unless prior written permission obtained – no price reduction for juniors on this water
Juniors under the age of 16 must give to the bailiff a photo (a true likeness) with their name, address and telephone number on the back for the bailiff to keep indefinitely. This can also be asked of teenagers if the bailiff so desires. (No explanation will be given if this applies). This rule does not apply if accompanied by a adult
Juniors can only fish with one rod
Please note NO NON FISHING FRIENDS allowed with a junior
Juniors and teenagers not behaving in a proper manner and not abiding by all rules may be ordered off the fishery by senior anglers
Juniors must read the main fishery rules